Caregiver Continuing Education (CCE)
Once licensed, ongoing training in the form of CCE will continue to build on the learning experienced in CCT. Continuing Education competencies and trainings will address specific issues and provide the skills needed to be a successful and on-going Caregiver.
CCE courses will consist of following three Main Competency Categories:
- Understanding and Teaming with the System
- Working with Children and Families
- Supporting the Caregiving FamilySeveral trainings and other educational opportunities will be provided within each of these categories, including opportunities for on-line learning, class-room learning, and blended learning.
Training which will meet the CCE requirement include:
- Training offered by the Alliance for Child Welfare Excellence
- Conferences and trainings approved by the DLR Licensor meet the following:
- Related to child welfare and/or other human services, and
- Relevant to the Caregiver’s scope of duties; and
- Meet at least one of the Caregiver Competency as established by the Alliance for Child Welfare Excellence
- CA approved Child Placing Agency training courses.
Foster Parent Training Policy
First 3 Year Licensing Period (36 hours total)
Foster homes must complete the following classes:
- 36 hours of Continuing Education training that includes topics from each of the three Competency Categories.
- Beginning January 1, 2015, at least one of the trainings completed per licensing period must be identified as a culturally based training.
Second Consecutive 3 Year Licensing Period (30 hours total)
- 30 hours of Continuing Education training that includes topics from each of the three Competency Categories.
All Subsequent Consecutive 3 Year Licensing Periods (24 hours total)
- 24 hours of Continuing Education from any of the Competency Categories.
- The CCE requirement may be met by one or both parties on a license, in any combination as long as the total number of hours meets the total requirement.
- DLR Licensors will have the option to require specific and additional training as part of a compliance plan.
- For additional information on training requirements, please Click Here.