The Online Orientation is composed of 4 parts:
1. Watch these videos:
2. Download these forms:
Financial Worksheet (#14-452) Word
Foster Home Inspection Checklist (#10-183) Word
Personal Information (#15-276) PDF
Policy Agreements (#10-290) Word
Reference Questionnaire (#15-286) Word
Employed Foster Parent Child Care Plan (#10-406) Word
Medical Report (#13-001) Word
Background Authorization (#09-653) Word
Fingerprint Background Check Notice (#27-089) Word
Emergency Evacuation Plan (#16-204) Word
Marital/Domestic Partnership History (#09-979) Word
Out of State Child Abuse and Neglect Check (#15-460) Word
If you are a relative who does not want to be licensed, add this form:
3. View the presentation to learn about the foster care licensing process, licensing regulations, and the required forms. Then print off the certificate at the end of the presentation and present it to your licensor to receive credit for completing orientation. Feel free to print the PowerPoint to refer back to it at a later date. Thank you for your interest in becoming a foster parent!
Note: You must have Microsoft PowerPoint on your computer to view this presentation. If you do not have PowerPoint, dowload the free Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer.
4. Call a Children’s Administration Division of Licensed Resources (DLR) home study worker at your local office to review your forms if you are applying with Children’s Administration. (While you may submit an application at any time, Orientation and Pre-Service Caregiver Core Training may help you determine if fostering is the right fit for your family. If you are applying with a private agency, contact that agency.)
- Contact a Children’s Administration office
- Pre-Service Caregiver Core Training – You are required to take 24 hours of Pre-service Training. UW Alliance for Child Welfare provides all Pre-service Training.
- First Aid/CPR and Blood Borne Pathogens – You are required to take a First Aid/CPR and Blood Borne Pathogens course. This course is offered free of charge by Keep the Beat CPR & First Aid Training.