Native people have always been scientists, engineers, artists, and created technologies in our own ways. This outdoor/indoor summer camp will engage youth in both traditional and contemporary STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) based in Native community.
* Storytelling and storymaking!
* Plant relatives, harvesting, uses and ecology!
* Watersheds, erosion, water health and more!
* Indigenous games!
* Indigenous mathematics and engineering!
* Survival skills: making fires, building shelters, finding your way in the forest!
* Textile arts and computer science!
Session 1: (Grades 1-6) July 21-25
Session 2: (Grades 1-12) July 28-August 1
Indian Cultural Center
Discovery Park, Seattle
Monday-Friday; 8:00am – 6:00pm
* Cost of attendance is free, lunch and snacks included. Must bring a water bottle, towel and shoes to hike in.
For more information contact:
* Phone: 206.390.2603 or 617.538.6268
* Email: MeganBang at email@example.com or Fern Renville at firstname.lastname@example.org
* To register call or email: Megan McGinty at email@example.com
Click Here for a Printable Flyer.