Para leer esto en español haga clic aquí
Hispanic youth comprise 21% of foster children nationwide. The ever-increasing Hispanic population means that more families are available to foster children. Unfortunately, it also results in more Hispanic children entering the foster care system.

Some Hispanics in care are non-native English speakers. When possible, Hispanic children are placed in Spanish-speaking homes to make the transition more smooth and strengthen their cultural ties. However, non-Spanish speakers are more than qualified to provide a loving home to Spanish-speaking children, and many support systems are available to families who foster children with cultural backgrounds different from their own.


 Click Here to Listen to our Spanish Language Radio Interview!


For more information or to speak with your local foster care liaison, Click Here.


Agencies Specializing in Hispanic Foster Care

Note: This is not meant to be an exhaustive list. As we identify additional agencies, we will post them.

DSHS logoChildren’s Administration works with children and families to identify their needs and develop a plan for services which support families and assure safety and well-being for children. These services are designed to reduce the risk of abuse, find safe alternatives to out-of-home placement, and assure safety and permanency for children in care.
FoY_Sig_2color_rgbFriends of Youth foster parents receive support to prevent and reduce foster parent stress and family crisis, including training, respite care, staff consultation, peer support, crisis intervention and costs of extraordinary child expenses. This agency is set up to license Northwest Washington Spanish speaking homes and support them.
Since 1980, Lutheran’s Refugee and Immigrant Children Program has provided culturally appropriate foster homes to refugee and immigrant children from around the world who resettle alone in the United States.
En Español llame (206) 694-5713.
Below are downloadable Spanish versions of the application forms required by the State of Washington. We recommend that you save copies of these forms in either paper or electronic form in case your forms are misplaced during the licensing process.